October 26, 2015

Pumpkin!

As Halloween draws nearer, patterns related to it pops up everywhere. Decorations, costumes and whatnot.
I don't do Halloween, but I like pumpkins, and when I saw this cute pumpkin pattern from Garnstudio, and it was a free pattern, I just had to knit it. And so I did!


I didn't have any yarns in my stash that I could use to make the size I wanted, nor that was in the right color, so I had to go out and buy some. Yay!
I've been on an yarn diet since... Forever! Well, maybe just the last year or so. Maybe a bit more.
While on vacation I only bought 6 skeins, and a month or two ago I bought 1 skein on sale that I do have plans for, but other than that I haven't bought a single skein! So I think I've been very good!

Anyway, back to the pumpkin.
I bought a skein of Mor Aase Ullgarn, color 3326 for the main color, and I found a Smart Superwash, color 8615 in my stash for the contrast color.
I'm not completely happy about the shape of it, it kinda wouldn't do what it was supposed to.
So I helped it a bit by doing some stitches through it while seaming the bottom.


Don't have any pumpkins at home right now, so I brought it with me to my local grocery store.
People might have looked at me a bit weird, but I don't care. I needed a picture with pumpkins!

1 comment:

  1. good and nice story
    you could be journalist

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!