March 24, 2016

Chai Masala #2

Today I decided to try out a new recipe for Chai Masala. 
I added some grated nutmeg, and sweetened with demarara sugar instead of white sugar. 

2 peppercorns
4 cloves
4 cardamom pods
1,5 cm cinnamon stick 
a small grating of nutmeg
1 deciliter water
1,1 deciliter milk
1 bag of tea
2 teaspoons of demerara sugar


I put the spices in the mortar to crush them up a bit, added them to the pan of boiling water and left it to simmer for 7-8 minutes. 
Added the milk, sugar and bag of tea, brought it to a boil and let the tea steep for 5 minutes. 

I wish that I had crushed the spices a bit more, and maybe simmered it for a few minutes more to reduce the water. 

All in all, a good attempt. With the demerara sugar it became a bit less sweet, but that was ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!