March 15, 2016

Not throwing away food

The Spanish call it tortilla, the Italians frittata.
We Norwegians call it bondeomelett, which translates into farmers omelet. Or as I call it, "chop up veggies and leftovers, cover with eggs and enjoy" omelet.
That's what we had for dinner today.


Here I have onion, chili, garlic and spring onions.
In the fridge I also found some potatoes that I peeled, chopped up and boiled.
The chorizo is something my boyfriend usually put on his slice of bread for breakfast. I'm sure he won't mind that I used some slices in his dinner.


First I put the potatoes in the frying pan with a knob of butter.
Then I added the onion, garlic and chili, then the spring onions and chorizo.
Five eggs were beaten together with a splash of milk and a pinch of salt and pepper and poured over.


I remembered that we had some cheddar in the fridge as well! Nom nom! So I grated some over while it was still a bit wobbly.


I didn't want to flip it over, so I covered it and let it set completely. Then I slid it over on a plate and served.
It was yummy! We each took a fork and shared it on the plate.
I love doing that some times. It makes the simple omelet a bit more exciting and slightly romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!